Monday 1 July 2013

Stripes and Feathers

Remember a while back I posted up two sneak previews of an order I was working on? Well I finished those months ago but I was waiting for the client to debut them in an act. Anyway without further ado here are my pretty creations

For both of them I was given creative license and a very vague description.

The first one was something 'Foxy' as in actual foxes as well as vaudeville inspired and swing hooks were a must on both.
 I'm also in the middle of making a larger sized mannequin so I can show off some of the curvier/larger corsets better.








The second corset I was given the brief 'Mad max/diesel punk' inspired. And I was acted to use feathers, fur, anything to make it look dystopian. So I used real game bird feathers, peacock feather, real leather and yes that is a real bone, I found it in the garden, (we have wild foxes here so I think they must of dragged it in or dug it up as we don't have a dog) which I cleaned and disinfected rigorously before attaching it.  




I have loads more orders coming from this client so I think she's happy with them.
There are more updates to come as I am a busy corsetiere right now


No comments:

Post a Comment